Summer Course in NYC
Enriching activities outside classes are always a part of SAB's Summer Course. Following are some of the events the students enjoyed, and places they went, in their free time during recent Summer Courses.
- Day trip to Saratoga Springs, the summer home of New York City Ballet
- Performances by American Ballet Theatre at Lincoln Center
- Broadway shows including Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, Matilda, Aladdin, School of Rock and more.
Recreation and Sight Seeing
- Trip to Freed of London U.S. headquarters in New York City for private fittings, consultations and shopping
- Ride to the top of the Empire State Building
- Visits to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the American Museum of Natural History
- A guided walking tour through Central Park
- Double Decker Bus Tour
- Day trip to Six Flag's Great Adventure amusement park in Jackson, NJ
- An outing to AMC Lowes movie theater Lincoln Square
- A visit to the Bronx Zoo
- A scenic Circle Line Cruise in New York Harbor
Programming at the School or in the Residence Hall
- Q&A and autograph session with NYCB Principal dancers
- "Color Wars" competition
- Ice cream social
- Make your own pizza
- Residence Hall suite door decorating contest
- Spa Night
- Movie nights
- Karaoke and Lip Sync Battles
- Cookie decorating
- Arts & Crafts nights
- Postcard writing party
- End of Summer party + dance
There is a mandatory $150 activity fee for the Summer Course that covers in-house activities. Outings to performances, tourist attractions and cultural institutions carry additional per-trip charges. Students may sign up and pay for a customized package of activities in the spring prior to the Summer Course.
All group outings are chaperoned by Student Life staff members. Private buses chartered by SAB are used for all group activities requiring transportation to destinations both in and out of Manhattan.