New York Auditions
SAB holds Summer Course auditions in New York City by appointment on Wednesdays and Fridays in January. Applicants who live closer to one of the cities on the National Audition Tour list are encouraged to attend one of those auditions as space is limited at the auditions here at SAB. Additionally, students may audition only once for each year's Summer Course. Applicants who attend an audition in one of the National Audition Tour cities are not eligible to audition by appointment at SAB during the same audition season. Online registration is required for all Summer Course auditions at SAB.
2017 Audition Dates
Applicants should sign up for an audition date that corresponds with their age at the time of the audition. All auditions start at 12 noon. Registered applicants should arrive at 11:15 a.m. to check-in and receive their audition number.
|Wednesday, January 4||12-18|
|Wednesday, January 11||12-14|
|Friday, January 13||15-18|
|Wednesday, January 18||15-18|
|Friday, January 20||12-18|
|Wednesday, Jan 25||12-18|
Registering Online for an Audition at SAB
You will need a username or password in order to complete the registration form. Those of you who have previously created a username and password on sab.org should use the same information to login and begin the form. Failure to do so will create a conflict with your existing user account and will affect our ability to distribute your results in a timely fashion. If this is your first time applying, you must create an sab.org user name and password. The user name and password must correspond with the student's name and e-mail address, even if a parent or guardian is completing the registration form. Parents who are registering for multiple siblings must create separate username and password accounts for each student. (This requires closing your browser after the completion of one preregistration form and relaunching it to begin a new form for the next sibling.) Not following these steps will compromise your ability to log in to sab.org after the audition to access audition results.
All applicants who wish to audition at SAB by appointment in January MUST pre-pay the $45 audition fee via credit card when they register for the audition. This fee is non-refundable.
Students who audition by appointment at SAB will use their username and password (that they create when registering for the audition) to log in to sab.org after the audition in order to access the audition results. The audition results will be available within 4 business days of the audition.
General Audition Information
- Study in SAB's Summer Course is for intermediate and advanced students, 12 to 18 years old who are at a stage of technical advancement proportionate to their age and who have the physical qualifications suited to the demands of classical dance. Students cannot be younger than 12 or older than 18 by July 31, 2017.
- All applicants must show official proof of birth at the time of the audition. Only a government issued document such as a birth certificate, passport or driver's license will be acceptable as proof. Photocopies of these government issued documents are allowed.
- As a general rule, recommendation letters, photographs and resumes are not accepted at auditions.
- Girls must bring pointe shoes to the audition.
- Observation of auditions is not permitted
- There is a $45 fee for all auditions at SAB. This fee is not refundable