New York Auditons
SAB holds Summer Course auditions in New York City by appointment on Wednesdays and Fridays in January. Applicants who live closer to one of the cities on the National Audition Tour list are encouraged to attend one of those auditions as space is limited at the auditions here at SAB. Additionally, students may audition only once for each year's Summer Course. Applicants who attend an audition in one of the National Audition Tour cities are not eligible to audition by appointment at SAB during the same audition season. Online registration is required for all Summer Course auditions at SAB.
Audition dates for the 2017 Summer Course will be posted in October. Audition registration will begin in November.
General Audition Information
- Study in SAB's Summer Course is for intermediate and advanced students, 12 to 18 years old who are at a stage of technical advancement proportionate to their age and who have the physical qualifications suited to the demands of classical dance. Students cannot be younger than 12 or older than 18 by July 31, 2016.
- All applicants must show official proof of birth at the time of the audition. Only a government issued document such as a birth certificate, passport or driver's license will be acceptable as proof. Photocopies of these government issued documents are allowed.
- As a general rule, recommendation letters, photographs and resumes are not accepted at auditions.
- Girls must bring pointe shoes to the audition.
- Observation of auditions is not permitted
- There is a $40 fee for all auditions at SAB. This fee is not refundable