Chairman's Circle - Contribution: $10,000 and above
Chairman's Council Dinner; Photo by Erin Baiano
The School of American Ballet is the premier ballet academy in the United States, training more than 1,000 dancers annually from across the country and around the world. Each year, we seek the best talent and provide them with the resources to study with SAB’s acclaimed faculty.
Together, we can build a strong and healthy future for classical dance.
Becoming a Chairman’s Circle member by making a gift of $10,000 or more means joining a passionate society of ballet supporters dedicated to providing the most promising young dancers with the chance to pursue their dreams – in the studio and beyond! You will play an essential role in building SAB’s core programs that enable the School to find and develop more and more talented students each year. For example:
- $15,000 supports the Teaching Fellows program, enabling the School to identify and train New York City Ballet dancers to become the next generation of SAB faculty
- $20,000 gives one advanced student the means to attend SAB who could not otherwise afford the cost of tuition, room & board, and other key training expenses
- $25,000-$50,000 underwrites a piece at the annual Workshop Performances, enabling future ballet stars to follow in the footsteps of Merrill Ashley, Peter Boal, Maria Kowroski, Sara Mearns, Benjamin Millepied, Ethan Stiefel, Wendy Whelan, and so many more who launched their careers at this annual event
Chairman’s Circle Benefits
In thanks for your generous support, Chairman’s Circle members enjoy exclusive and behind-the-scenes access to the School’s world-renowned training program to observe the growth of our students and socialize with other patrons, including:
- Chairman’s Circle Dinner hosted by Board Chair Barbara M. Vogelstein, featuring faculty, alumni, and special artistic guests—last year’s dinner highlighted “Alumni Beyond the Stage” in a conversation with Ellen Bar, Ezra Hurwitz, Tiler Peck, and Adriana Pierce on their artistic pursuits outside of dance
- Invitations to Chairman’s Circle receptions and salons with fellow SAB leaders and artistic guests—past salons have included conversations with New York City Ballet principal dancer and choreographer Lauren Lovette, and discussions on the Balanchine aesthetic with three generations of SAB faculty
- Private class visits, seminars, and rehearsals
- Opportunity to designate your gift for essential student scholarships and programs
- Personalized updates with advance notice about public programs, professional placements, and other breaking news
For additional information, please contact Kristen Barrett, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.769.6615.
Chairman’s Circle gifts of $10,000 and above are tax deductible except for $350.