Gifts of IRAs, 401(k)s, or other Qualified Plans are popular planned gifts because they require no “up front” cash. You simply designate the School of American Ballet, Inc. as the beneficiary of all or a portion of your retirement plan. After your lifetime the residue of your plan passes to SAB tax-free. And, you can continue to take withdrawals during your lifetime and even change the beneficiary if your circumstances change.
Please notify SAB if you have added SAB as a beneficiary or contingent beneficiary to your retirement plan as notification is not automatic.
- You can escape both income AND estate tax levied on the residue left in your retirement account by leaving it to SAB
- Give the most-taxed asset in your estate to SAB, and leave more favorably taxed property to your heirs
- You can continue to take withdrawals during your lifetime
- You can change the beneficiary if your circumstances change
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift to SAB later on
If you make SAB a beneficiary of a retirement plan, you'll be eligible to join the Founders Society - a group of loyal friends who have made similar plans by naming SAB in their estate plans. To learn more, click here.
For more information please contact Kristen Barrett, Director of Development, at 212-769-6615 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquires are confidential.